How and when are participants paid their incentives?
Once you've completed your interview with a participant, it's time to mark them as attended and issue their incentive! We recommend confirming attendance and issuing incentives within 3-5 business days of a participant's scheduled bookings.
Steps for issuing incentives:
- Mark participant as Attended within the Participants Tab of the project.
- Go to the Payments Tab in the project.
- Confirm Payment.
Once you've confirmed payment:
- Participants will be provided an estimated inventive date posted on their project dashboard.
- Participants can track the status of the incentive on the My Projects section of their profile.
- Incentive payments typically take about 8-10 business days to process.
- A 5% or $1 fulfillment fee is applied to all incentives incurred by the participant.
- All incentives are issued via PayPal directly to participants.
Gift cards and vouchers are proven to negatively impact interest in research studies. Please process all incentive payments through the PayPal portal. This protects Researchers and Respondents in the event of a payment dispute.
Once payment has been delivered:
- Participants will be provided with an updated status Payment Sent.
- When the incentive payment successfully processes the status changes to PAID.
- A PayPal Transaction ID will be provided for each incentive payment. This allows participants to follow up with PayPal if there is an issue claiming a payment.
If your participant still has questions about their payment, you can direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily investigate the issue further!