Once you create a calendar and set up your Calendar Information, you can set your availability. This lets participants know when they are able to book a time with you.
Required Availability Settings
Length of Interview
How long you want each booking session to be.
Type and Max Bookings per Slot
The type lets you set the amount of people you want to be able to sign up for any given time slot. The options are Group (more than 1 person, such as focus groups), and Single (only one-to-one interviews).
The Max Bookings Per Slot refers to the the number of participants. When Group is selected, you can set the a number higher than 1 for the Max Bookings Per Slot. If Single is selected, the Max Booking per slot automatically will be 1.
Day Availability Settings
Each individual day defaults to a 9am to 5pm interval, but you can edit the interval and specify settings for specific days. To do this, click on the day in the calendar. Once the settings are edited you can apply the settings to either all of the specific weekday or only the day you edited.
- Interval - An interval is a block of time when you can conduct interviews/group sessions. By default this is 9am to 5pm in your calendar's timezone.
- Increments - Increments are the blocks of time that participants will see available on the calendar. For example, if the interval is 9am to 11am, with a 1 hour increment, the participant will see two options - 9am and 10am. If it's the same interval with 30 minute increments, they will see 4 options - 9am, 9:30am, 10am, and 10:30am.
- Max Booking - In the Day Availability Settings, this refers to the Max Bookings per Day. This will override the Max Booking Per Day setting in the More Availability Options (see below). This does not refer to the total Max Bookings for the project.
Advanced Availability Options
After setting up your availability you have the option of adding in a few additional scheduling settings. You can see a description of each setting below:
- Minimum Scheduling Notice - This setting prevents people from scheduling a last minute booking. It prevents any bookings within the timeframe that you set up. For example, if you want at least a day's notice for bookings, you would set the minimum scheduling notice to 24 hours.
- Buffer Before Booking (with Google Calendar Integration Only) - The buffer is a time prior to a booking that can't also be booked by someone else. If you need a bit of time to prep before each meeting you will want to add some buffer time.
- Buffer After Booking - The buffer is a time after a booking that can't also be booked by someone else. If you need a bit of time to debrief after the meeting, you will want to add some buffer time.
- Max Bookings Per Day - This designates how many people can schedule bookings with you for any given day. This does not impact the total Max Bookings number (in Calendar Information). If a specific day has been edited to have different Max Booking number, the specific day settings will override this Max Bookings Per Day setting.
- Black Out Date Ranges - This will remove any available times from specific day ranges (e.g. If you have a company retreat for a week and won't have interviews, you'd want to put those as your black out dates).
Pro Tip: Black out dates are super useful when conducting your study over multiple weeks.
Pro Tip 2: When setting up buffers after bookings, be sure that your buffers don't restrict the number of interviews you can conduct. I.e. If you have a 1 hour interview with a Respondent and set up a 1 hour buffer, the total time this booking will block out on your calendar is 2 hours.
The calendar isn't showing any availability! What's wrong!?
Have you checked the three Max Booking options? One of those is likely making it so that your participants can't book.
Can I book a specific time for a participant?
No, the participant will be able to pick from the time intervals and days you provide, but you can not schedule anyone for a specific time. A workaround to this is to make a different calendar for each participant, however this is not recommended since research participants might not be available at that specific time.
Somethings wrong, but I have no idea what -- What do I do?
Most calendar issues are related to settings, so we recommend reviewing all calendar settings. If you still aren't seeing what's going on, you can contact our support team through the chat option (bottom corner) when logged in.