While we try our best to only provide quality participants, sometimes people will lie or misrepresent themselves on the platform or on your screener survey. If you find yourself in a situation in which a Respondent has misrepresented themselves, or lied on their screener resulting, there are some steps you can take.
First, immediately stop the interview and let them know that since their answers didn't match what you were looking for, you will not be able to continue.
Second, continue with one of the options below:
Option 1: Pay a partial incentive
If the research participant provided some value to your team, you have an option to provide a partial incentive.
- Please notify a member of Respondent via the Intercom chat portal. Please include study name and participant's name in the description to our support team on chat.
- Please message the participant, notifying them of your decision to pay a partial incentive and explain the situation as clearly as you can. The more detail the better.
- Once this is complete, please let us know the reduced incentive amount and we will apply this to the participant's response on the back end.
Option 2: Pay no incentive
If you the Respondents provided no value whatsoever to your team, these are the steps you should follow
- Please message the participant, notifying them of your decision to mark them as No-Show and explain the situation as clearly as you can. The more detail the better.
- Mark the participant as a 'no-show'. Research participants marked as No-Show will not receive any compensation and you will not be charged for the interview.
- Report the participant using the little flag feature that is next to the participant's profile image on the 'Participants' tab of your project dashboard. This will remove them from the project and you will not be charged for this participant.
- If you have an open conversation with the participant, please navigate to the messages section of the project, go to their message thread, and close the conversation by hitting the cog in the top right hand corner to prevent future communication from them.