How do I let people know when I'm available to meet? How can people schedule times with me? Where can I set up the booking time slots?
Once you create a calendar and set up your Calendar Information , you can set your availability. This lets participants know when they are able to book a time with you.
Required Availability Settings
Length of Interview
How long you want each booking session to be.
Day Availability Settings
Each individual day defaults to a 9am to 5pm interval, but you can edit the interval and specify settings for specific days. To do this, click on the day in the calendar. Once the settings are edited you can apply the settings to either all of the specific weekday or only the day you edited.
- Interval - An interval is a block of time when you can conduct interviews/group sessions. By default this is 9am to 5pm in your calendar's timezone.
- Increments - Increments are the blocks of time that participants will see available on the calendar. For example, if the interval is 9am to 11am, with a 1 hour increment, the participant will see two options - 9am and 10am. If it's the same interval with 30 minute increments, they will see 4 options - 9am, 9:30am, 10am, and 10:30am.
Advanced Availability Options
After setting up your availability you have the option of adding in a few additional scheduling settings. You can see a description of each setting below:
- Minimum Scheduling Notice - This setting prevents people from scheduling a last minute booking. It prevents any bookings within the timeframe that you set up. For example, if you want at least a half day's notice for bookings, you would set the minimum scheduling notice to 12 hours.
- Buffer Before Booking (with Google Calendar Integration Only) - The buffer is a time prior to a booking that can't also be booked by someone else. If you need a bit of time to prep before each meeting you will want to add some buffer time.
- Buffer After Booking - The buffer is a time after a booking that can't also be booked by someone else. If you need a bit of time to debrief after the meeting, you will want to add some buffer time.
- Max Bookings Per Day - This designates how many people can schedule bookings with you for any given day. This does not impact the total Max Bookings number (in Calendar Information). If a specific day has been edited to have different Max Booking number, the specific day settings will override this Max Bookings Per Day setting.
Pro Tip 2: When setting up buffers after bookings, be sure that your buffers don't restrict the number of interviews you can conduct. I.e. If you have a 1 hour interview with a Respondent and set up a 1 hour buffer, the total time this booking will block out on your calendar is 2 hours.
The calendar isn't showing any availability! What's wrong!?
Have you checked the Max Booking options? One of those is likely making it so that your participants can't book.
Can I book a specific time for a participant?
No, the participant will be able to pick from the time intervals and days you provide, but you can not schedule anyone for a specific time. A workaround to this is to make a different calendar for each participant, however this is not recommended since research participants might not be available at that specific time.
Somethings wrong, but I have no idea what -- What do I do?
Most calendar issues are related to settings, so we recommend reviewing all calendar settings. If you still aren't seeing what's going on, you can contact our support team through the chat option (bottom corner) when logged in.